Always be aware of the foods and drinks that you are consuming, as they can easily damage your smile. Exercise caution with the products you consume, as substances can linger behind in your mouth and contribute to oral health ailments such as gum disease. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an oral health ailment characterized by an infection of your gums.
Gum disease can often be tricky to spot and can occur over a period of many years. Thus, it is important to always look for signs and symptoms that it may be occurring, including the following:
– Gums that frequently bleed, especially during cleaning sessions and mealtime
– An uncharacteristic look to your gums including signs of inflammation, or excessive swelling
– Gums pulling away from your teeth and revealing more surface space of a tooth
– A heightened feeling of tooth sensitivity
– Frequent bad breath
– Pain when chewing or snacking
– The presence of pus or sores in areas between your teeth and gums
If you are looking to improve your smile with gum disease treatments at Litchfield Dental Care, you are welcome to set up an appointment with Dr. John Kim and our team at our dentist office. Contact us at 623-547-0307. We are here to serve as your dentist in Litchfield Park, Arizona to give you the oral health care you need.